Westfalia Fruit is inviting all unemployed youth to apply for the ongoing 12 months Learnership Programme offered 2021 / 2022.
Westfalia Fruit Avo Academy is offering a learnership opportunity to unemployed members of the youth. This 12-month programme is open to candidates residing within the Westfalia Fruit Estates’ surrounding areas (Tzaneen, Johannesburg and Howick). Upon successful completion of the programme, the candidate will obtain an NQF-3 in Plant Production.
The programme will be divided into two portions:
The first 30% will consist of instructional learning theory and will take place at Westfalia Avo Academy training centre.
The remaining 70% will consist of workplace learning and will take place at relevant agricultural sections which will be chosen by the Westfalia Fruit Avo Academy.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have completed Grade 12/ Matric or have completed a relevant NQF level 2 relating to agricultural activities
- Must reside in an area surrounding Westfalia Fruit Estates: Tzaneen, Johannesburg and Howick)
- Must be unemployed
- Must be beneficiaries of communities of interest to Westfalia Fruit
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- Must NOT be participating in another learnership opportunity/ similar programme
Location: Modjadjiskloof, Tzaneen
How to apply
Hand deliver your application to:
Westfalia Fruit Estates
Human Resources Office
R36 Main Road
Between Modjadjiskloof and Tzaneen
Attach the following documents to your application:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of your Grade 12/ Matric/ NQF-2 qualification
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- Proof of residence
- Proof of disability (if applicable)
- Preference will be given to targeted groups: 2% of candidates living with disabilities and 60% female candidates
- Faxed or emailed applications will NOT be accepted
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- If you have not heard a response within 2-weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please contact Westfalia directly:
Contact person: Ms Agnes Ramafalo
Telephone number: 015 309 0106
Closing Date: 15 September 2021